You can’t just put your website on the net with right keywords and all the right touches and expect your traffic and ranking will remain constant. As the web is an ever changing landscape, you have to keep track of your own web results like what is happening with the competition and also the best and highest ranked sites. There are many useful tools to help you find out what exactly is happening.
1. A tool which you can use to test your own website links or other websites for broken links:
2. With this tool you can check search engines for the number of back links to your URL i.e. other web pages linking to your site:
3. It sometimes becomes important to know where the servers of your hosting company are physically located. Because, some search engines like Google have the ability to filter search results based on their physical location called geotargeting. This could be used to determine why your site is showing in only a certain country. This link can also be used to research the country location of a particular competitor’s website:
4. In order to track the location of the visitor or a customer to your website:
5. In order to check the Yahoo! web ranking of your’s or your competitor’s website use :
6. Here is a link to check the web ranking of a website using a Mac or Apple computer:
7. You need a Google AdSense account for using this. This link provides you with charts and reports which will help you analyze traffic, clicks, and results from your AdSense advertising
8. If you have an AdSense account, you can analyze your website address or another website address to see what Google ads will be displayed when the customer selects certain website names or keywords:
9. This link will take you to a cooperative advertising network where you can join to display and
share your ads with other website owners:
10. You can add the Search Functionality on your website which uses Google. This works only if your site is listed in the Google Index.
11. Here are some links to free website counters which you can use on your website to track your traffic and hits: