PLEASE FOLLOW HOODTUBE TWITTER

PLEASE FOLLOW HOODTUBE TWITTER
FOLLOW US

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Serena Williams Opens Up About Depression

  




The tennis champ has been off the courts since winning Wimbeldon in July; shortly after she cut her foot on a piece of glass and had to go through two surgeries. "I definitely have not been happy," Serena Williams told USA Today. "Especially when I had that second surgery (on my foot), I was definitely depressed. I cried all the time. I was miserable to be around."
In addition to her foot injury and surgeries, Williams was hospitalized with a pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in the lungs) in February of 2011. She then underwent surgery for a large hematoma in her stomach late last month.
Despite her recent health concerns, Williams has hopes she’ll return to the game eventually. "I don't know what's realistic," said Williams. "I really don't know. I haven't put a date on it yet. I know how to play tennis. I've been doing it for a long time—longer than I can say. So I figure that will work out.”


No comments:

Post a Comment