Days after an arrest warrant was issued for Yo Gotti in his hometown of Memphis, Tennessee, the rapper is back in town and has surrendered to authorities.
The rapper (real name: Mario Mims) was sought after by Memphis Police in connection with a nightclub shooting that took place during Thanksgiving weekend.
Initial reports revealed that Gotti had been involved in an argument with local rival O.G. Boo Dirty at Memphis' Level Two nightclub on November 29th. The argument escalated, and minutes later, shots were fired in the club's parking lot, leaving five people injured.
Local media said arrest warrants were issued for nine individuals in connection with the incident, including both rappers.
At the time of the reports, Yo Gotti was out of town, but through his attorney Arthur Horne, he revealed that he planned to cooperate with authorities to clear him name.
On Monday night (December 13), Gotti arrived in Memphis and turned himself in, tweeting (@YoGottiKOM): "JUST MADE IT TO MEMPHIS.... TURNING MYSELF IN NOW!"
Gotti is being charged with aggravated riot, a felony charge that can carry a penalty of one to six years behind bars if convicted.
One of Gotti's attorneys told Memphis' paper The Commercial Appeal that the rapper is confident he'll be cleared in the case. "He is not an advocate of violence by any means," Murray Wells, an attorney in a Memphis firm representing the rapper, said. "At the end of the day we're confident his name is going to be cleared."
The paper says that 11 others face charges in the case, including OG Boo Dirty (real name: Lance Taylor) who faces a charge of inciting to riot, as well as aggravated riot.
Boo Dirty is currently free on a $250,000 bond.
At press time, it's unclear if Gotti is still behind bar, or if he's posted bond to be released. He is reportedly due back in court on December 20th.