PLEASE FOLLOW HOODTUBE TWITTER

PLEASE FOLLOW HOODTUBE TWITTER
FOLLOW US

Blog Archive

Monday, December 20, 2010

Lil Kim Explains History Behind Nicki Minaj Beef, Says She's Open To Collaborating?

   

Lil Kim and Nicki Minaj, that's the topic that continues to discussed, especially when both rappers are interviewed. Recently, Kim sat with Angie Martinez on New York's Hot 97 radio station, where -- of course -- she was asked to address the situation between her and the Young Money First Lady. According to the pint-sized Notorious B.I.G. protege, Nicki started the whole situation, but she's finishing it and doesn't plan to let up. At least, any time soon.
"In this industry, what I've learned is you never know. That's what I've learned in this industry. You just don't pick fights, and you don't pick fights with Kimmy Blanco 'cause I'm not taking my foot off her neck," Kim said. "You started this. I hope you ready for this."
Later, however, Kim revealed that she is open to doing a song with the female rap newcomer. But, only for the right price. "I would do a song with her ... for the right price," Kim said with a smile. "$7 million -- that's my favorite number. $7 million, maybe."
Kim went on to reveal that when Nicki Minaj initially hooked up with Lil Wayne and the Cash Money Records family, she was hanging around them, contemplating whether to sign with the label herself. And, at the time, was willing to help Nicki shine.
"I went over there. People don't know this," Kim revealed. "I was over with Cash Money and them. Slim (Cash Money co-founder) was putting me in the studio... I was over there, in a couple of their sessions. I never see her, or Drake. I was saw Wayne and everybody else. So my thing is, I was getting ready to be allies and in their family. I didn't have a problem with that. My whole thing was, as a business woman, this would be good for people to see me with her. It would be good for her, to see that I'm willing to come over and rock with you. I don't have no beef with you shorty at the end of the day. Beef is serious.
"With me being over there, [Nicki] was like 'Yo, I wanna do a record with you'. I was like 'Let's do it, let's make it big' because in my eyes, I needed that exposure as far as music is concerned," she continued.
The track collaboration Kim is referring to was "Everywhere We Go." But, Kim claims that the lukewarm response to Minaj's performance on the track upset the Cash Money executives, who pulled it from iTunes quickly. After that, she says Cash Money ceased communication with her, and then, she realized she was used.
"They kind of used me to stamp it, because they knew that they were gonna kinda steal my swag," she told radio listeners. "Like 'You know what? Kim's cool with her looking like her, taking her whole style and swag. Kim's cool with this.' ... If you are going to steal my swag, you gonna have to pay. Something gotta give. You help me, I help you. That's how it goes to me."
After all this took place behind the scenes, Kim claims Nicki started throwing "subliminal shots" her way on songs. Still, she had no problem with her. That was until they saw each other in public and Nicki ignored her, refusing to address their tension.
"She looked right at me, had her head down, rolled her eyes and kept walking. You see me, say something," Kim explained.
Although Nicki had previously said she didn't feel the need to address her beef with female rappers by name, she released the track "Roman's Revenge," which many believed to be a clear stab at Kim, although she didn't mention her by name. In retaliation, Kim dropped the diss record, "Black Friday," a play off Nicki's debut albumPink Friday.
Nicki Minaj has since addressed Kim, in her own interview with Angie Martinez. During her chat, she basically called the rap vet "a sore loser," explaining that their public beef is helping revive Kim's career, but said she needs to "get a life" if she's bitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment